Welcome

Hi! Thanks for stopping by to catch up on our life. Hope you enjoy reading my tidbits as much as I enjoy sharing them...and for the rough days, thanks for listening!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Raising the Future...

I love my children more than anything else on this Earth.

But I am not just raising children...I am not just raising a daughter and a son...and I am not here to be their friend (yet...the time will come later for that)...

I am raising the future of America, a wife/mother, a husband/father and coworkers/friends/neighbors on which you can depend.  

I am raising a daughter with the traits, qualities and morals that I would allow to date my baby boy and a son with the respect, dignity and reliability that I would permit to date my sweet daughter.

I am raising young people that you will welcome into your home when they come calling on your son/daughter, productive members of society with a strong moral compass, hard core work ethic as well as a heart full of compassion, empathy and respect.

What does that look like?

Well, to you (thankfully) it looks like cute, well-mannered children that are confident speaking to adults and babies alike, little ones that are well-groomed, well-mannered, cheerful, generous, loving, intelligent, and obedient.

I like that THAT is what you see. That means my work is paying off.

But on those days when they want to push the boundaries, make bad decisions, and test the waters of rebellion, it looks like a battle of wills with a little girl that just KNOWS she is right and can shoot daggers with those eyes. It looks like a little man that thinks tears or anger will solve his problems and that Mamma will cave. It looks like yelling and spankings and Shor tempers and GO STAND IN THE CORNER!

It looks like a mother, convinced she is doing it all wrong, crying in the shower.

But then they get ready for bed...we give tight hugs that speak volumes without a single word...we kiss pink noses and tear-stained cheeks...and they rest well knowing that nothing has really changed. Mamma still loves them a million times around the moon and back. The rules are still the rules, the expectations are still the same.

Consistency.

Responsiblity.

Structure.

And you know what? They wake up in the morning with a smile, a hug, and a kiss...and we do it all over again. Because what I teach them today will help them tomorrow.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment