Welcome

Hi! Thanks for stopping by to catch up on our life. Hope you enjoy reading my tidbits as much as I enjoy sharing them...and for the rough days, thanks for listening!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Double Blogging...


Well, I have been testing out blogging...as you can see.  I have also been testing out two different blogging sites...Blogspot (eblogger) and Wordpres...currently I have been sharing identical posts on both blogs while I try to decide which one I like best.

This is what I have learned about blogging: 1) I enjoy blogging even though I'm not terribly consistent about it. 2) Most of my posts are very casual and are about family.  3) I do not consider myself a serious writer...more of a recreational one. 4) Keeping two blogs running is redundant, so I need to pick one.

This is what I have learned about the blogging sites: 1) Blogspot connects to my Google account and with Google+ it is very easy to share photos to my blog...which I do a lot. 2) My Wordpress blog has more followers that are unknown to me (i.e. strangers). 3) Blogspot feels more user friendly for the things that I post and I have more friends/family followers on that site. 4) Wordpress seems better suited for serious, professional writers and I am neither.

All that being said, if you would like to continue following my blogging adventure, I encourage you to follow me at 'That's Just Part of my Life' on Blogspot (eblogger)...well, here. :)  I may occasionally update my Wordpress blog...or at least post links in it to my Blogspot posts. But it is too time consuming to update both of them simultaneously. And, I'd like to give a BIG thank you to my friend Misty that even suggested that I try out other blogging options and encouraging me to just let the words come to me instead of trying to force a topic.  You're a real motivator, friend, inspiration and always full of such wise advice! Thank you!!  I appreciate all of your support, likes and comments and I hope you'll continue this journey with me! 

~Jac

2 comments:

  1. I think your strategy is BRILLIANT - being able to concretely compare two platforms is valuable to everyone trying to make their own decision. I appreciate the insights. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am a firm believer that 'you don't know till you try'...and it extends to almost every aspect of my life and my parenting!

      Delete